[fvplayer src=”https://www12.mp4upload.com:282/d/q6x62ttoz3b4quuoggveyyirjlk746yobmjlpjaxygqil3hbdxz7m3nb/video.mp4″ width=”100%” height=”400″]
About 4:02 p.m. on Friday, police in Jerseyville, Ill., were dispatched to the Jersey Community Hospital in response to a 6-year-old boy’s death.
Police say the child starved to death last week after his father and stepmother spent two years withholding food from him as punishment.
The boy, barred by Michael Roberts and Georgena Roberts from eating regularly since December 2015, died Friday weighing just 17 pounds, according to court documents. An autopsy’s preliminary findings indicated the cause of death was “failure to thrive due to ‘extreme malnourishment,’ ” police said. The couple, both of whom are 42, are charged with first-degree murder, as well as a felony count of child endangerment. A Jersey County judge Monday ordered the couple held on $500,000 bail each.
If found guilty, they could face up to 60 years in prison and pay up to $25,000 in restitution, according to court documents.
They also are charged with a misdemeanor count of child endangerment in relation to another malnourished child, a 7-year-old. In addition to the 6-year-old who died, the couple had five other children living with them at their Jerseyville home in southern Illinois, about 50 miles north of St. Louis. The five surviving children have been taken into custody by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, according to a police statement. The conditions of the surviving children are unclear.
The boy was brought to the hospital by his father, according to the Associated Press.
The criminal complaint alleges that the parents “knowingly and intentionally caused [the boy] to become extremely malnourished, leaving the said 6-year-old child … to starve to death.” The parents additionally “knowingly withheld food and nourishment on a regular and consistent basis, such that the minor child … fell into a state of severe malnourishment caused by them,” according to the complaint. An investigation found the parents deprived the 6-year-old and 7-year-old of food as means of punishment, according to a police statement.
The parents’ actions lasted two years, according to the complaint, causing the boy to weigh about a third of the normal weight of a child his age.
The couple’s attorneys could not be immediately reached for comment.
A photograph showing an elephant and its calf fleeing an angry mob has won the wildlife photography award for 2017 instituted by the Sanctuary Asia wildlife magazine.
The photograph titled ‘Hell is Here’ by Biplap Hazra was shot in West Bengal’s Bankura district, an area which sees large-scale man-animal conflict. It shows a mob hurling tar bombs and crackers at the elephants to ward the animals away from a human settlement which was nearby.
Describing the horror of the situation, the Sanctuary Nature Foundation, which awards the prize, had said, “In the Bankura district of West Bengal this sort of humiliation of pachyderms is routine, as it is in the other elephant-range states of Assam, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Tamil Nadu and more.”
Hazra, a brick kiln owner by profession, told The New Indian Express the calf “somehow survived” the attack. Crackers are burst and fires raged to ward off the herds, he said.
“The calf may not have been intentionally set on fire by the villagers living in the vicinity of the elephant corridor that stretches from southwestern West Bengal up to Saranda forest in Jharkhand, but bursting crackers and throwing fireballs on elephant herds has been a common practice in this part of West Bengal,” he said.
India is the “global stronghold” for the Asian elephant, with over 70 percent of the species’ global population residing in a handful of Indian states.
But, as the Foundation added, vital elephant habitats and routes continue to be ravaged, and human-elephant conflict escalates to a fatal degree. “The ignorance and bloodlust of mobs that attack herds for fun, is compounded by the plight of those that actually suffer damage to land, life and property by wandering elephants and the utter indifference of the central and state government to recognise the crisis that is at hand,” it said in the accompanying note.
The award winning picture titled ‘Hell is Here’. Courtesy: Biplap [email protected] Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
Pradyuman Thakur, 7, was found with his throat slit in the toilet of Ryan International school in Gurgaon on September 8.
Here is your 10-point cheatsheet to this big story:
1: The student was earlier believed to be the one who spotted the body first. He will be produced before the juvenile board today.
2: The student, reportedly under psychiatric evaluation for a year, had been questioned several times in the past few days and his account kept changing, sources say.
3: The CBI says before the murder, he had bragged to his friends that the exams would be postponed and they should not bother to study. His school record shows he was “not a very good student”, officials say.
4: Sources say the student is one of the five people seen on security footage entering the washroom at the same time as Pradyuman.
5: The CBI found the weapon possibly used in the crime in a commode. Sources say the student had been seen carrying a knife to the school by his classmates and a teacher.
6: The student’s father said he was told at midnight yesterday that his son was being detained for murder. “My son did not commit the crime. We had been cooperating with the police. My son was questioned four times…They came to our house and question him too. Yesterday, they kept me sitting at their office till midnight and told me your son has committed murder and we are arresting him. They said you have to sign his confession. I left at 2 am,” he told news agency ANI.
7: A schoolbus conductor who was also seen entering the toilet on CCTV footage had earlier been arrested for the killing. The police had said that Ashok Kumar confessed to killing the boy after trying to sexually assault him. Sources say he is not off the hook yet, but the CBI is focusing on the student for now.
8: On security footage, Pradyuman, a student of Class 2, was seen crawling out of the bathroom after his throat had been slit. He collapsed next to a wall, his blood pooling around him. His body was discovered around 8 am, not long after his father dropped him off.
9: Pradyuman’s parents had accused the school of a cover-up and had alleged that the police had done a shoddy job. Under pressure from the parents, the Haryana government asked the CBI to investigate the murder.
10: The CBI took over the case on September 22 and reexamined the CCTV footage and forensic evidence.
Source: NDTV Report
Prabhakar Reddy P, a martial arts master from Andhra Pradesh, set a new world record after crushing over 200 walnuts in one minute with his hand.
A video posted on YouTube by Guinness World Records shows Mr Reddy smashing 212 walnuts with his hand as the 60-second deadline looms and a hopeful crowd looks on.
Rows and rows of walnuts were placed neatly on a long wooden table and, according to Guinness World Records, inspected by independent witnesses beforehand to ensure all the walnuts were raw and undamaged.
In order to count towards the final tally, the shells of the walnuts had to be smashed into a minimum of two pieces.
The 35-year-old martial arts pro told Guinness World Records that he practised every day before the attempt.
Mr Reddy successfully broke the previous record of 210, which was achieved by Pakistan’s serial record-breaker Muhammad Rashid.
Watch Prabhakar Reddy set the world record below:
Guinness World Records admits that while challengers for the title are allowed to wear a fabric glove on their crushing hand, the attempt is likely to be painful “even for the most experienced of martial artists.”
“Wonder how his hand felt after smashing all of the nuts,” asked one person on YouTube. “Wow! This is nuts,” joked another. “Forget about the record, look how organized the nuts were,” laughed a third.
Love him or hate him, nevertheless, you can’t dismiss him – yes, we could talking about the person you will ever have. He’s essentially the most adoring creature in your daily life, but he can be the perpetual torture with multiple ways.
Here, are 10 cruel things that men do to women…
1. Having the biggest ego: Ever before thought about why men hate taking guidelines and choose hunting out the area independently, even if this means 2 hours wait and waste products of gas. Well, the answer is the best ego they walk around with. This is the pettiest exemplar of the man’s ego, which gets damage at the drop of the head wear and requires a massage whenever you can.
2. Living with a ‘selective memory’: They’ll not only keep in mind the name of each cricketer and basketball player on earth but will also know their ratings by heart and soul. But, as soon as the deal is approximately keeping in mind birthdays and anniversaries of men and women near them, their brain suffers a disease called ‘selective memory space syndrome’.
3. Ogling (read at breasts): ‘Men do stare at women’s chest’ has been stamped as public by a global wide review. But how exactly we wish they realized that their drooling at the look of a proper endowed girl is cruel not and then the victim of this gaze, but also to the girl seated beside them. Yes, they don’t really miss any chance, even if it’s when they are over a date!
4. Being overtly possessive: Where on the planet does men get that insecurity from? (Their mom? )They blame women to be jealous but only reference to another man of their girl can change them into an ever before clinging magnet.
5. Taking pride in their hypocrisy: Men can’t have more cruel than this! They love hanging out with the coolest and sexiest babe in the city, however when it involves meeting mom, from the ‘homely’ young lady they start trying to find. You cherished her dressing style and carefree frame of mind when she emerged for night-outs along with you, what’s get back marriage materials hunt now?
6. Showing extra care: So how exactly does it feel to consider his ‘where-about’ phone calls every quarter-hour after you come out of the house? The care for the reason that gesture is out of the windows and irritation can take fee. Don’t they realize that we resided safe, reasonable and correctly well nowadays before they arrived to our lives. Trust someone is being attentive.
7. Throwing their ‘superman’ self everywhere: Yes, it seems nice when men remain for a few help. However, their ‘I-can-do-everything-under-the-sun’ frame of mind does more damage than good, in particular when they think themselves to be exalted beings – a plumber, electrician, carpenter and a financial adviser all rolled into one.
8. Consider emotions to be crap: Women might be mental but developing a continuous practical perspective, like men doesn’t, rating well always. Men can be better beings for certain, if indeed they stop making fun of sentiments and disregarding them as ineffective.
9. Being the friend worshippers: It’s very torturing for women when men don’t figure out how to priorities their life post relationship. They blame her to be a clinging vine when she requests his time, but how sane could it be to truly have a couple of friends in the backseat on the long-drive, that was planned to be always a romantic one?
10. Being the sex monster: Certainly, women love zest during intercourse, but it is rather cruel of men to demand their lovers that can be played the porn superstar they saw for the reason that flick yesterday evening. It’s easier to let her be herself in a sexapade somewhat than placing her within an uncomfy situation and then blaming her to be non-cooperative.
A HUGE skeleton resembling a mythical dragon has been uncovered in China, relating to an amazing viral video.
Local people who flocked across the bizarre discovery seemed to believe maybe it’s genuine.
A lot more than 10 million folks have viewed the brief training video of the gigantic bone fragments which look like the fire-breathing famous dinosaur-like creature.
The remains look like a long back, with a set of legs and arms, and a dragon-like skull at one end.
Dozens of local people gather across the skeleton in the video tutorial that was filmed in Zhangjiakou City, in China’s north Hebei Province.
Villagers seem to be persuaded as they stand in awe of the big pile of bone fragments.
The skeleton fits with the dragons that come in Chinese mythology.
Unlike the animals from the Western, Chinese dragons haven’t any wings and soar by “swimming” through air just like a snake.
Social networking users believe that it is merely a more elaborate hoax.
Authorities analyzing the corpse have yet release a a affirmation about the so-called dragon’s remains.
Ideas have been increased the skeleton may be considered a prop from a film, made by using a cow skulls, but no person has established these claims.
Some on Chinese language social multimedia said the skeleton seemed to have been put there intentionally.
On the site, wukong.com, people composed that the skeleton appeared as if it was made out of cow or sheep bone fragments.
A writer on the site also posted an image of local people ‘operating’ the creature and said that the image was evidence they recognized it was a prank.
They had written: “The villagers were driving onto it and having pictures used, they confirmed no respect so that it was clear that they realized what it was.”
Imagine driving down the road when all of the sudden, you see a gigantic python blocking traffic.
The very last thing you’d probably wish to accomplish is deal with the snake and make an effort to move it, right? Well, that’s just what one motorist, 37-year-old Robert Nababan, do while operating around on his moped on the Indonesian island of Sumatra. He found what most are contacting a monster python, and he even experienced a battle with the creature. (He resided in order to the story.)
The snake within Indonesia is thought to be a reticulated python, like the main one pictured below. They’re the world’s longest snakes and longest reptiles, which range from about 4.9 to 21.3 feet. They’re also on the list of heaviest snakes and can think about between 2.2 and 165.3 pounds
Like all pythons, they aren’t venomous and aren’t usually considered dangerous to humans. However, there are exclusions. Just to illustrate, the person in Indonesia who was simply eaten by the one that was 23 feet long
Reticulated pythons calculating over 19 ft are pretty uncommon, but it appears that lots of the longest are located in Indonesia, as the main one blocking the street measured 23 feet as well.
When Nababan and two others attempted to go the substantial python (pictured below), it amount into his arm and started out coiling around his body. These were eventually in a position to destroy the snake, though, as you of these was thought to be carrying much blade.
If Nababan had been alone in his efforts, I’m not so sure he would’ve won the fight. Thankfully, there were other people around to help battle this monstrous snake.
Most would be inclined to stay out of the vehicle’s way or call police, afraid that the person is under the influence and they’ll be hurt if they try to intervene. But fortunately for one man who needed medical attention on the road, a nearby driver didn’t hesitate to leave his truck and run to help.
Police in Dixon, Illinois, were recently driving around the city when they spotted a car slowly rolling through a red light. They followed the vehicle, which had drifted into the opposite lane.
That’s when the patrol car’s dash cam recorded Randy Tompkins stopping his truck in the middle of the road and running toward the slowly-moving car.
Tompkins realized that the driver of the vehicle was having a seizure, so he jumped through an open window into the car.
It only took seconds for him to take control and stop the car so police could help the man inside. Check out his heroic actions below.